Personality and Teaching Style Influence

How did your personality affect your choice of content area?

The results of my personality test were ESTJ.

This breaks down in the following way:

  • E - Extraverted 50%
  • S - Sensing 50%
  • T - Thinking 50%
  • J - Judging 50%

Essentially I am down the middle on a lot of the aspects of personality. I think this means that I am not too much one way or the other. I feel this is a strong quality because I can relate and work with other personality types. Sort of a jack of all trades, master of none.

My content area of choice is science, and I think my personality influenced my choice because I love to learn new things and look at problems from different angles. I believe there is more than one way to go about something, or to solve a problem. I like working with data and I like to work with people. I love to be creative and share things with others. I think all of these things combined led me to pursue the sciences.

How does or will your personality affect your relationships with your students?

I am very sociable and love creating new relationships with people I meet and/or work with. I value what people have to say and what they know. I think because of this and some other traits, I will have great relationships with my students and their families. Currently I have my own tech class that I teach, and I have a great working relationship with my students and the other teachers.

How will your teaching and learning style affect your teaching and your students' abilities to be successful?

My teaching style and learning style varies depending on the topic. Generally I am very visual and kinesthetic, so as I teach I use lots of images or hands-on demonstrations to illustrate ideas and concepts. I encourage students to get up and move around if they are feeling stuck. I also work hard on creating visually appealing content, so students won't be overwhelmed or bored by presentations. Of course this isn't the only way I teach, but generally this is what I fall back to. For the right subjects or topics I might take a more audio/outlined and structured style approach, like a traditional lecture. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Greetings All