Greetings All

Greetings All


I completed my B.A. in Geological Sciences from San Diego State University. I am currently working as a 7th grade tech teacher for Francis Parker Middle School during the school year, and as a summer camp instructor for the San Diego Natural History Museum during the summer. Coming from a background in informal education and working as a substitute teacher in a district that is moving towards project based and blended learning, I believe my skills, passion, and enthusiasm will be successfully utilized and complimented throughout my journey to be a middle school science teacher.

It has been my goal over the last few years to become a secondary school science teacher. I enjoy coming up with new and creative ways to approach programs and curriculum that facilitate a genuine connection to the topic as well as being inclusive to different learning styles. I have made strides to accomplish these goals by working as an informal educator. As a museum educator I have had the opportunity to help create, design, and deliver new programs that are experiential, hands-on, and express passion for the natural sciences. Through my education and experiences, I will bring this same inventiveness and innovation to the individualized classroom.

In addition to developing and implementing new curriculum, I have also managed and coordinated a variety of educational programs. For a year and a half I was the climbing program lead at Aztec Adventures (San Diego State University) where I was responsible for managing a team of instructors, scheduling program outings, updating curriculum, ordering supplies and gear, and a variety of other administrative tasks. My time at Aztec Adventures also gave me the opportunity to work with international students through recreational classes and adventure outings. From these experiences I developed a better understanding of cultures different from my own.

My life and work experiences are too expansive to fit into a simple blog post, however, I am confident that as a future teacher, I can create a fun, productive, and inclusive learning environment. 

Cameron Townsend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personality and Teaching Style Influence